Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Sun Goes Down on Summer

The Sun Goes Down on Summer


It was the last week of summer, but it felt like it could go on forever, like it wasn't really time for the end to come. I remember thinking I should do something fun. Instead, I found myself laying there watching America's Next Top Model until I had to force myself to get up and go get ready for work. The weekend finally came and I told myself I need to do something unforgetable. Unfortunately I ended up going to a barrel race in Salina, something I definately want to forget about. Sure, it sounds like my summer was boring, but that was only the last week. Actually, my summer was full of travleing, adventures, and lots of fun. Soon, I will have to leave all of that behind and go back to school to focus on the future. There I will hear teachers giving us endless homework assignments. There I will see annoying softmores everywhere I look. There I will smell the many mixtures of perfume and cologne everyone puts on to try and impress that special someone. There I will taste the bitterness of the seniors. There i can't wait for the day that I have my cap and gown on to go out into the world to do whatever I want, though I know i will regret wanting it when I'm there. In the meantime, I have two whole years of dreadful schooling left to come. By then I will be ready for what lies ahead.

1 comment: